Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Got change?

Change is inevitable, like getting sock fuzz between your toes. You can fight it all you want; wear synthetics, eat less fuzz producing fruit, only walk on your heels, but it's still going to happen. My new strategy to incorporate any changes in my life is to start by having a nervous break down for a few days (or a week, whatever it takes) complain to anyone that will listen, sleep a lot more than necessary, eat junk food, and generally make myself really miserable and depressed. Then I'll act as though I've accept all the changes as a normality for my new life style and that I was just going through some massive metamorphosis and have now ascended to a new level of spiritual and mental enlightenment. I'll talk about my new found faith at the airport, hand out pamphlets and donate time to a useless charity (there is no such thing, don't be offended). I'll follow up by writing letters to anyone responsible for the changes that are affecting me and thank them for helping me obtain a new level of existence. Somewhere in here I will grow weary of the facade and start living like I did before the change, just with the change. Everything will be back to normal. Excuse me while I start the cycle, my brand of toothpicks has just been discontinued. : )

No comments: